Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Saturday, September 26, 2009
- (9) Miami at (11) Virginia Tech - Jacory Harris vs. Tyrod Taylor. WOW. I'm goin with the Canes in this one. [ABC, 3:30]
- THE (7) LSU Tigers over Mississippi State - Duh. [ESPN 360/Peachtree TV, 12:00]
- (1) Florida WAY over Kentucky. Even with a sick Tebow, the Gators are leagues ahead of UK. [ESPN2/ESPN 360, 6:00]
- (2) Texas WAY over UTEP - Why elaborate??? [3:00]
- (3) Bama over Arkansas - No McFadden or Felix to help the Hogs with this one. [CBS, 3:30]
- (5) Penn State over Iowa - Sorry Web, payback's a bitch. [ABC, 8:00]
- Oregon over (6) Cal - Cal barely squeeked by Minnesota last week while the Ducks are coming off a big win over (18) Utah. No LaGuerrette Brown, no problem. [ABC, 3:30]
- Clemson over (15) TCU - I haven't seen much from TCU but Clemson is past due for a big game from CJ Spiller and Jacoby Ford. Plus, I don't think Kyle Parker can mess this up. [ESPN 360, 3:30]
- Texas Tech over (17) Houston - Kinda weird that this is an upset, but Taylor Potts is about to go ham for Tech. [ESPN2, 9:15]
- Arizona State at (21) Georgia - I'm still not sold on Joe Cox and I don't think Mark Richt is either. He needs to perform. [ESPNU, 7:00]
- Indiana at (23) Michigan - No chance for Indiana in this one, but the Wolverines are finally fun to watch again. [ESPN2, 12:00]
- Notre Damn at Purdue - Tryin to see what Clausen talkin bout. [ESPN, 8:00]
- McNeese State at Tulane - I might be the ONLY person that cares about this game. Shouts to Damion and Dustan
Shit, about 30 minutes til kickoff. Ariiiiiiite.
Friday, September 25, 2009
AWR College Football Picks - Week Four coming soon.
Oh yea and my #followfriday joint:
Thursday, September 24, 2009
I'm already asking for a late pass for this one too, btw. I was checking out Governed By Loyalty earlier this week and came across an ill ass video from a rapper that I had never heard of named Jay West. Not only was the track dope as hell but so was the video. Straight black & white with very few effects but still dope. I came to find out that it was the directorial debut from a kid named Phil the God. The shit was ill and I'm definitely gonna be checking back for new shit from both of them.
Just two more questions: When's the mixtape droppin and who is the girl in the video??? I hope to have an answer for both. Ariiiiiiite.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Even though I'm really getting tired of Drake over-saturating the music game, I still love this song. But it's more because of Ye and Eminem's verses. But whatever. Not even Lil Wayne could ruin this joint. The video for Forever from the soundtrack of Lebron James' movie, More Than a Game that I blogged about last semester. The video is pretty dope and like LMo said, I'm surprised that they were able to get all four of these dudes to get together for the video. I guess Hype Williams can make it happen.
And if you need a reminder of what the movie is about, it's pretty much wrapped up with this:
"I didn't go to college, sorry."
[Note: And did you peep how Drake was shot from the neck up most of the time. #niggawassittinhisassdown.] Ariiiite.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
And it would be on Fox News, huh?
Monday, September 21, 2009
I mean, Fuck.
- The Bears scored late to defeat the defending Champion Steelers in their home opener. Ariiite.
- The Bengals surprised the Slackers in Green Bay, 31-24
- Mark "Matt Ryan Jr." Sanchez was able to defend the home field against the Patriots. Yowzers.
- The Saints jealous'd/embarrassed the Eagles in Philly, 48-22
- The Redskins managed to beat the lowly Rams without scoring a touchdown, and
- The Panthers fell to the Falcons after a late near-TD fell incomplete.
[Note: I started off watching the Dallas/New York game at the bar but watched the second half on my computer with NFL.com's new HD player. And the shit is DOPE. The video is clear as hell and it has four dope views. Peep the screenshot. Next time you can't get the game, check it out on your computer. Aughh.]
Colts/Dolphins for MNF tonight...Ariiite.
Saturday, September 19, 2009
- THE (9) LSU Tigers over Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns. Home game, wish I was THERE. [ESPNU, 7:30]
- (1) Florida [WAY] over Tennessee [Ass whoopin of the day [CBS, 3:30]
- (2) Texas over Texas Tech [ABC, 8:00]
- (3) USC over Washington [ABC, 3:30]
- (4) Bama over North Texas [Peachtree TV, 12:20] - No bullshit, it's on Peachtree TV.
- (5) Penn State [WAY] over Temple [12:00]
- (6) Ole Miss [WAY] over Southeastern Louisiana [7:30]
- (8) Cal over Minnesota [ESPN, 12:00]
- Florida State over (7) BYU. It kinda sucks that it's considered an upset these days, but yea. [7:00]
- Oregon over (18) Utah. Kind of a stretch without LaGarrette Blount but it's in Eugene...plus, I'm not really pressed either way. [ESPN, 3:30]
- (19) Nebraska @ (13) Virginia Tech - Should be a good one with a lot of offense. [ABC, 3:30 - VT ftw]
- Michigan State @ Notre Dame - Two unranked teams but still another good game. [NBC, 3:30 - ND ftw]
- (23) Georgia @ Arkansas - Not a fan of either team but Joe Cox is on the hot seat and needs a strong showing to keep his job. [7:45 - UGA ftw]
- West Virginia @ Auburn - I'm tryin to see what Auburn talkin bouttt... [7:45 - AU ftw]
- Northwestern @ Syracuse - Not necessarily gonna be a good game, just wanna see my man Paulus get that first W. [7:00 - SU ftw]
Friday, September 18, 2009
If it can really do what it promises, AnyClip might become a YouTube killer. [Uh oh.] We can expect to see a full version of AnyClip just as soon as Hollywood decides to lighten up on copyright infringement lawsuits and everything. Maybe we'll have it around the time that Kanye West and Taylor Swift do a track together.
Don't hold your breath....is the underlying theme I'm trying to convey.
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Tyler Allard, aide to Representative Jim Cooper (D-Tenn.) wore a green Nationals hat on a trip through Israel earlier this week. First off, the Nats are SO BAD that it's not a good idea to wear their hats anywhere but Allard's choice of timing was just bad. Here's what happened:
"An Israeli airport security guard pointed to the hat with the curly W team logo and demanded with a tone of disgust, “Why do you wear that?”“Good question,” his father, former longtime Senate aide Nick Allard, replied. “They are hopeless. They desperately need relief. You never know when they will hit, and because their defense is so bad, they suffer more than they can dish out. It’s not rational and I can’t explain why, but we are loyal and we love them.” The more he talked, the more upset the security folks became, Nick Allard reports. Their luggage was checked and rechecked, and they were quizzed by security.When they were finally cleared to board, Allard wrote in an e-mail, the head of the security detail said: “We do not appreciate your Hamas headgear.” Green apparently is a Palestinian “color,” Allard speculated, and the vaguely Arabic Nats logo might have been mistaken for an extremist emblem."
[Note: Story via ourkitchensink.com.]
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
...and you won't hear me say that a lot, so enjoy it.
[Note: Now, TRY and tell me you couldn't hear Hov spittin over these. Don't worry, I'll wait...]
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
'Ye was on Jay Leno last night where he discussed Sunday's incident. It was a pretty brief interview but I feel like Jay went a little too far asking about his mom and how she would feel. Whoa, man. It's never too soon to bring up someone's deceased parent. 'Ye seemed genuinely remorseful for his actions but...that doesn't mean he don't do it again. But who cares? I mean, he DID apologize.
And the best part was Jay & Rihanna coming out for Run This Town. Aughh.
[Note: Links via MissInfo.tv Aughh.]
Friday, September 11, 2009
Hustle Man - Free Range Chicken
Bob from Marketing
Oh shit. I almost forgot about JEROMEEEE...
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Christoper "Kid" Reid [of Kid 'N Play] has been reduced to....selling SUITS??? But wait, these ain't no JoS. A. Bank suits, either. They're not Men's Warehouse. They're not even K&G suits! He's selling suits for SW SUITS in CARSON, CALIFORNIA!!!?? Apparently, these suits are perfect for when "you're tryin to take your lady out, tryin to take your mother out" or for when "one of your homeboys gets SHOT." Wow, Kid. I guess he had "things to do" and he "couldn't wear shorts and flip flops."
1. Frédéric Mercier - Spirit [What We Talkin' About]
2. Marcos Valle - Ele E Ela [Thank You]
3. Janko Nilovic & Dave Sucky - In the Space [D.O.A.]
4. The 4 Levels Of Existence - Someday In Athens [Run This Town]
5. The Moments - Love On A Two-Way Street [Empire State of Mind]
6. Justice - D.A.N.C.E. (Rehearsal Version) [On to the Next One]
7. Mother Freedom Band - Touch Me [A Star Is Born]
8. Gladstone Anderson - Mad Mad Ivy [Already Home]
9. Alphaville - Forever Young [Young Forever]
Download links below. Enjoy.
[Note: There's a limit on the number of downloads so leave a comment if you don't get it and I'll shoot it to you. Gucci.]
BP3 is still rockin btw.
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I was one of the few people I knew that did NOT download Blueprint 3 before it dropped yesterday. And I'm actually glad that I did. The shit rocks. My immediate favorites are A Star is Born with J.Cole, Real As It Gets with Young Jeezy and On to the Next One with Swizz Beatz. [Beat is INSANE.] I would have said Hate with Kanye was my favorite but I heard it before yesterday. All in all, I'm satisfied with the album. Jay's really relying on wit, wordplay and persuasive on this album versus in the past when he was going with just an all-out verbal assault.1 Pharrell's joint is really good and so is the Cudi joint but I'm still not really digging the Drake feature. Hov should have probably given Drake a verse and the album as well as offered Wale a verse. I feel like the Wale feature was the only real thing missing from the album, but maybe we'll see Jay on Attention Deficit.
We can only hope.
Got a week til Cudi drops and I'm gonna hold off for that one too. Aughh.
[Note: 1: via http://www.telegraph.co.uk]
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Saturday, September 5, 2009
Today's picks are pretty easy:
- My LSU Tigers (11) over Washington Huskies [Duh]
- Alabama (5) over Virginia Tech (7)
- Oklahoma State (9) over Georgia (13)
- Oklahoma (3) over Brigham Young (20)
- USC (4) over San Jose State
- Ohio State (6) over Navy
- Tennessee over Western Kentucky
- Georgia Tech (15) over Jacksonville State [Damn Perriloux]
- Boston College over Northeastern
[Note: Shouts to Greg Paulus is starting for Syracuse today. Wish him luck. He'll need it.]
Thursday, September 3, 2009
...I actually can't stand the dude.
Is it because of his two shitcoms that perpetuate stereoypes about Blacks?? Maybe it's the male-bashing movies that he loves to make?? Or could it be that he's a grown man parading in WOMEN'S clothES??? Nah. It's none of these. The first reason I can't stand Tyler Perry is because he thought it was ACCEPTABLE/NECESSARY to wear this big fake, nappy ass afro in his movie.
This is one post of many.
Tyler Perry must be stopped.
Wednesday, September 2, 2009