Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Music of the Moment - December 16, 2008


Man, I'm slippin. Yesterday someone insisted that awr is strictly a sports blog...incorrect. It has been a second since one of my patented "Music of the Moment" entries so I'm bringing it back. This joint isn't even new but it's from one of my favorite newcomers, Asher Roth. And yeah, he's white, but don't let that hype you. His mixtape, The Greenhouse Effect Vol. 1 was hot as shit. You basically have to take him for what he is: a suburban white kid that raps about suburban life. I don't know about you, but that's pretty much right up my alley. Yurp.

The joint I have from him is one of the best college songs I've ever heard, I Love College. Check it out.


You gotta love the Say It Ain't So sample from Weezer.

[Note: If you can't hear the whole song, it's about time you open an imeem account. I mean, it's damn near 2009...]

No comments: