Monday, June 29, 2009

Where Were We???

Photobucket
A lot has happened that I haven't really gotten the chance to blog about. Mostly because I felt the need to keep up my tribute to MJ up a little while longer than usual. Back to business: Where were we??

NBA Basketball:
This would have been bigger news had it been five years or so ago, but they're both still headliners. Shaq + _____ = Championships in damn near all cases [except Phoenix.] I'm pretty anxious to see if he can put his game together for a year so that Lebron can get his [first] ring in Cleveland... The Vince trade makes the Eastern Conference Champs instantly better, but remember, this isn't stuffmyarmintherim Vince Carter, this is damnniggamykneeshurtletmeshootthisjay Vince Carter. We'll see what happens.
  • NBA Draft
I wasn't really feeling the Bulls' picks this year, but last year was the first time I have in awhile. A few of the winners: The Hawks managed to trade to get Jamal Crawford [who gets buckets] and also drafed Jeff Teague from Wake Forest. Damn. The Nuggets were able to get a solid backup for Chauncey by acquiring Ty Lawson and even the Spurs did their thing by trading for Richard Jefferson and stealing picking up DeJuan Blair in the second round.

Soccer:
  • Ronaldo traded to Real Madrid
This one hurts. Not only was this my favorite player leaving my favorite team, but it lead to another great player departing. Manchester United just couldn't hold onto Ronaldo and Tevez after their disappointing loss to Barcelona in the Champions League Final. I'm torn because I don't know if I should follow Ronaldo to Madrid or if I should stick to ManU. I'm sure I'll still have some loyalties to ManU but I know for damn sure if Lebron left the Cavaliers I'd be like "Cleveland who???"
  • Confederations Cup Final
The USA men's soccer team was coming off of one of the biggest upsets in soccer history and followed it up by blowing another huge upset. The US has a 2-0 halftime lead against a Brazil team that many feel is one of the best in the world, only to allow three second half goals to lose 2-3. Well damn. Americans went from this to this in a matter of 45 minutes. Smh.
But I don't want people to keep saying to me, "Why do you like soccer?? It's soooo boring." Check this goal from yesterday out:
Dope.


I'll be back with some new music and maybe even the one thing I enjoyed about the BET Awards. Oww.

No comments: