Thursday, November 19, 2009

Dave Chappelle...Best Ever??

Photobucket
No disrespect to some of the all-time greats [Eddie Murphy, Chris Rock, Bernie Mac, Richard Pryor] but I really feel like Dave Chappelle might be the best to ever do stand up. Not just my favorite but the BEST. I know that Delirious and Raw are considered two of the funniest shows in history, but damn, I wasn't even alive when Delirious dropped and Raw came out a month after my first birthday. This dude Dave just had two things that the others didn't: Relatability and Timing. I'm just sayin, watch Killin' Em Softy and For What It's Worth and try to tell me it's not some of the funniest shit ever.

In case you don't have the DVD, Killin' Em Softly in its entirety...

Part 2/6
Part 3/6
Part 4/6
Part 5/6
Part 6/6

"Gun store, Gun store, Liquor store, Gun Store. WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU TAKING ME?!" [Part 2, 6:50]

Classic shit.

No comments: