Thursday, November 12, 2009

Music of the Moment - November 12, 2009

Photobucket
Gotta make this one pretty quick. Headed to Tin Lizzy's with @martEMCfly, @KxG_215 and this nigga Rhodan, I mean @Pbbt. Anyway, The Hood Internet is a duo from Chicago that specializes in mash-ups of popular music. Sounds pretty basic, right?? It's not. They take hip hop verses with rock and alternative music and pair them up...and vice versa. They've been doing this since 2007 and none of their mixtapes have let me down yet. So far they have four Hood Internet Mixtapes, a Hood Internet vs. Chicago Mixtape featuring all Chicago artists and even a few with individual artists [Lykke Li and The Pack. I know, random.] I decided to post two of my favorite Kanye mash-ups. Enjoy. Their mixtapes are free and can be downloaded here.


Kanye West vs. Modest Mouse // Floating Paranoia
[The Hood Internet Mixtape Vol. 4]







Download: Floating Paranoia

Kanye West + 1985 Chicago Bears vs. Wilco // Superbowl Jesus
[The Hood Internet vs. Chicago]







Download: Superbowl Jesus

Oh yea, you better know what tomorrow is...
I'll give you a hint. It rhymes with "It's my jirthday."

No comments: