Tuesday, July 7, 2009

[Double] Music of the Moment - July 7, 2009 [Live Edition]

Photobucket
Since it's the time of year for all the live music festivals and all that, I figured I'd post a couple live performances for one of my Music of the Moments. To start off, Explosions in the Sky is one of my favorite bands of all-time. I first noticed them as the band to do the majority of the score and soundtrack for movie Friday Night Lights. The music is simple: two guitars, a bass and a drummer. But the four of them play their instruments with a passion that can't go unnoticed. I got the chance to see them perform sophomore year at the Variety Playhouse in Little 5 and they did not disappoint. To this day, it was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Check out one of my favorite songs from the Texas band entitled Your Hand in Mine.
[Note: You can hear it in Friday Night Lights here around the 1:50 mark.]

This second joint is from one of Explosions in the Sky's biggest influences, Scottish band Mogwai. Their song Auto Rock was used in the movie version of Miami Vice as well as several commercials. Again, no lyrics, but still a dope song. Check out the live version from their April performance at the Republic in New Orleans. Dopeness.
[Note: The Lance Armstrong commercial featuring Auto Rock can be found here. Pretty dope commercial too.]

No comments: