Saturday, August 22, 2009

Florida Rockin the AP.../Perriloux at it AGAIN???

So I guess Florida's gonna be good again this year.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Tebow and the boys are on a mission to repeat as National Champs and apparently a lot of people think they will. In the Associated Press' Preseason Top 25, the Gators received 58 of 60 first place votes -- the most in the history of the poll. Hot damn. Texas got the other two first place votes but it really doesn't matter. As far as the SEC goes, Bama came in at #5, Ole Miss snuck in at #8 [overrated], LSU came in at #11 and Georgia rounded it out at #13. Not too bad. Bama has a chance to go pretty far and I feel like my Tigers are a sleeper this year but I'm not too convinced on Ole Miss and UGA. They still have a lot to prove in my opinion.
Photobucket
In other "Can't Get Right" news, Ryan Perriloux [the former #1 ranked QB in high school football and LSU signee] just got suspended for the season opener for his team Jacksonville State. Apparently he violated some team rules and will be forced to sit the game out. His season debut will be the following week against Florida State. Talk about wasted talent. He actually still has all the talent in the world, he's just been making really bad decisions. When I was in high school, we went against this fool in 7 on 7 and he was literally the best quarterback I've ever played against. I still feel like he can make it to the league one day if he cleans up his act and settles down some. Real talk, had he done the right thing last year he would have been our starting QB and we wouldn't have gone 8-5. But everything happens for a reason. I wish him all the best but DAMN bro.

More sports after the jump.

No comments: