Thursday, September 15, 2011

Fucked Up - The Other Shoe [Video]

Photobucket
I'm pretty new to the Toronto-based band Fucked Up but upon first listen I could tell there was something special about their song, The Other Shoe. First off, I can't even remember where I came across them in the first place, but I somehow found this song, copped the CD and it's been history ever since.

Their album is called David Comes to Life and it details the relationship between the protagonist, David and his lady friend, Veronica. The Other Shoe brings us into the point of the story where everything seems to be fine between the two and then issues bring the relationship to a crossroads. [ex: "Right on time, here's the other shoe/Clouds overhead, start to loom."]

I'll be the first to admit that their music is a little more "screamy" than I'm used to but the album really sticks to the theme and somehow this really works. And strangely enough, the lyrics aren't too difficult to decipher.

I'm positive that this is pretty different from anything I've posted in the past but let me know what you think. And let it get to the 2:40 build up before you make a decision:

Oh yea, and try not to have "Dying on the inside" stuck in your head the rest of the day.

No comments: