Friday, May 15, 2009

Music of the Moment - Senior Week Edition

Photobucket
Senior Week has been Legendary to say the least. It's been pretty much the sole reason I haven't been updating the blog very often. But give me a break, it's SENIOR WEEK!! Most of the week has been a blur but a visit from the Parentals today is gonna be dope since I haven't seen them in forever.

So in the spirit of Senior Week, I thought I'd post some college-related music. It's coming from the first rapper Jay-Z signed to his Roc Nation imprint, J.Cole. His music is college related because the North Carolina native was also a 2007 St. John's University graduate and often includes his college days in his music. I heard about him a couple months ago and his mixtape, The Come Up is pretty good. It's actually really good. People are already comparing Cole to Drake but I'm staying away from the comparisons. Even though they have similar suburban, middle-class backgrounds, I just see them as two hot rappers with something to say. You can download his The Come Up here. Check it out. And also peep one of my favorite joints from the mixtape called College Boy. And it's over a Kanye beat. Oww.

Also, check out the trailer for J.Cole's next mixtape The Warm Up.
It's gonna be dope too. Andyaknowdaaaat.

No comments: