Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Music of the Moment - October 21, 2009

Photobucket
This is probably the most strange band I've ever posted on here but I still gotta take another Late Pass. Australian band Empire of the Sun has been around since 2007 and I'm just now hearing their music. Damn shame. My boys @MrDuckworth87 and Web put me onto them a couple days ago while we were filming some scenes for their new movie and the first thing they told me was that the band was really, um....eccentric. I was pretty skeptical after seeing the cover art for their album. [Yea, it looks like Star Wars meets Chronicles of Narnia, but the music is dope.] They sound a lot like one of my favorite bands, MGMT, with similar vocals but pretty different music. They're kind of like Animal Collective...but even MORE strange. I wanted to post their video for Walking on a Dream but it was even more fucking weird than this one. At least check out the video for We Are the People, it's weird but you should like it. If you don't, I can understand.
Not too bad.

I hope.

No comments: