Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thom Yorke x Flea = Holy Shit

Photobucket
This made my day. Yesterday.

But still, word has it that Thome Yorke from Radiohead has decided to team up with Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers to form a supergroup that has yet to be named. Even without a name this sounds dope to me. The band will start playing together next week and also includes Joey Waronker, Mauro Refosco and Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich. It's still unclear whether the band will play original music, Radiohead tracks, RHCP tracks or a combination of them all but with a roster like that, it's hard to fail. When some of their material comes together I'll be sure to post it, but for the meantime I figured I'd post the live versions of a couple of my favorite Radiohead and Red Hot Chili Peppers joints. Ariiite.
Radiohead - No Surprises Live

RHCP - Scar Tissue Live

Imaging if Yorke recruited Dave Grohl for the drums...YIKES.

Also, flicks and videos from yesterday's in-store appearance from Phoenix at Criminal Records are coming later today. Oww.

No comments: