Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Aight, So I Was Wrong... [The Making of BP3 Cover Art]

...and you won't hear me say that a lot, so enjoy it.

Photobucket
I said that my recent post about AlexGoose's Blueprint3 outtakes would be my last post about BP3 for a minute but I came across something today that I had to put on asamp was right. It's a YouTube video detailing the process that Greg Gigendad Burke and Dan Tobin Smith used to create the cover art for the album. Jay even said in an interview with MTV that the instruments were used on the cover to remind people that at the end of the day, hip-hop is still about making music. Peep the process:
When I first saw the cover art on the internet I just assumed that there were just three red lines over the picture. I couldn't have been more wrong. Dan Tobin Smith has done similar work in the past, and it's pretty dope. Here are a couple of his previous projects.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Damn. I need to start paying more attention to cover art.

No comments: