Monday, April 20, 2009

Music of the Moment - April 20, 2009

Yeah, it's 4/20. And even though I don't really participate in the all of the festivities but I know someone who does, Asher Roth. His album dropped today and from the joints I've heard so far....I'm diggin it. I'm coppin as soon as I get out of advertising. Fuggggit. The lyrics are still pretty much there: all the happenings of the suburban, upper-middle class lifestyle. It's right up my alley. And he dropped on 4/20 for a reason. There's more talk about drugs than Season 3 of The Wire and more 90's references than an episode of Family Guy. [Those are good things btw.] Whatever though, decide for yourself. Here's Asher's latest video for Lark In My Go Kart. Oh, yeah and the entire album. Oww.

[Note: Peep the ill Saved By The Bell theme. Very wavy indeed.]

Wait, you do know he means Lark In My Go Kart as in Lark Voorhies who played Lisa Turtle on Saved By the Bell, right?? She was bad as hell. This, along with a discussion I had last night, lead me to ask this question: Who would get the sookups first, Lark Voorhies/Lisa Turtle or Karyn Parsons/Hilary Banks???? Hmm...check the poll to the right and go vote!!

And remember people, this is for ALL the sookups.
Owwwwww.

No comments: